Fried ‘Not’ Calamari
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 pound calamari, tubes and tentacles
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour to coat Calamari
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat calamari dry with a paper towel.
3. Combine panko and seasoning into a bowl.
4. In a bowl whisk together buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of the flour and black pepper.
5. Place 1/2 cup of flour in a bag and add calamari and shake to coat
6. Dip the flour-coated calamari into buttermilk mixture and then into panko mixture
7. Place calamari, in a single layer, on prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake 15-20 minutes, until calamari is tender and coating is crisp and golden brown
Notes: Make sure you coat cookie sheet with cooking spray