WHAT YOU’LL NEED
4 Cups of Broccoli, Chopped
2 Medium Onions, Chopped
1 Celery Stalk, Chopped
2 Carrots, Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
2 tablespoon of Parsley
3 Cups of Chicken low sodium broth
1 Cup Water
1 Cup of Milk (whole or 2%)
2 Tablespoons of Curry Powder
½ Tablespoon of Cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In Dutch oven or Heavy Bottom pot add Olive Oil, Onions, Celery, Carrots and cook until fragrant. (About 10 minutes).
2. Add Broccoli and Garlic, stirring and cook for about 2 minutes
3. Add Chicken broth, water and bring to boil. You want to almost cover the vegetables.
4. Reduce heat let simmer for about 8 minutes or until broccoli is very tender.
5. Using a emulsion blender puree the broccoli until it’s smooth
6. Add spices and salt/pepper to taste
7. Stir in milk (optional) and serve